Saturday, January 30, 2010

Country Living Magazine for March

Today I took a break from reading books to enjoy a magazine and it was such a nice change of pace. Lately I have felt like I've been on a lot of self-imposed deadlines. I agreed to review a number of books without thinking about how it would all add up. In the last two weeks I had six books with dates to have reviews posted by and then a few that were supposed to be done ASAP. I've finished 7 of them and am close to finished with two more. Realistically I should have read those today, but my brain felt kind of fried so I declared a bit of a holiday.

Last month my friend Kelly mentioned that she enjoyed reading Country Living on her blog http://www.kellyathomeblog.com/ and I realized I'd never read it. When I was placing some orders on Amazon I was $5 away from the super shipper discount, I could pay $4.98 to have my order shipped or buy something for $5 more. I picked a magazine subscription for $5 to Country Living. The March issue arrived today and I read it from cover to cover. I had to get out a small notebook to write down ideas for things I want to do at home like put up some shelves in the kitchen and plant flowers and herbs outside. I needed to get motivated to get to making out house more of a home. We moved here over four years ago and after moving in we added two more children and had a home based business (that we closed last spring) all of which took a lot of time and energy. I feel like we never really finished personalizing our house. we have no pictures on the walls. How can that be with four children? Hopefully I will actually do the things on my list because how your living space looks really does affect you. I know having it be perfect is unrealistic, but a little less cluttered and a little more inviting and homey would be a welcome change. Anyone else ready to change things up for spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment